About Micro-Credentials for Oklahoma Students and Professionals
Showcase Your Skills Through Digital Badging
Each micro-credential you earn and other programs you complete may be issued via digital badge through Credly Acclaim. Digital badges are an electronic artifact that represents knowledge, skills and ability that has been programmed with evidence of what you accomplished. Evidence, such as an exam, project, or other learning experiences, is assessed by faculty or staff at an Oklahoma public college or university before your badge is issued.
Once you earn a digital badge, it can be used to share your achievement with employers and on your social media profiles. For more information on how to share your Credly digital badge, view the Credly Badge Earner Guide.
How to Get Started
Find your perfect program
All program and enrollment questions should be directed to the contact person listed on the individual program page or at your program advisor at your current institution.
Enroll in your program
Enrollment processes vary by program. To enroll in your desired program, visit the program's page, where you will find full enrollment directions. If academic courses are part of the program, you will need to register for* and successfully complete each course. If you have already completed one or more of the required courses, you may be able to complete the remaining requirements to earn the micro-credential.
*You will enroll in classes via the institution offering your chosen program. Tuition and fee rates may vary by institution and specific program.
If offered, accept your badge through Credly
Credly is the primary platform used by Oklahoma public colleges and universities for issuing and earning digital badges. Once you complete all of the requirements for a digital badge, including submitting your evidence to the program coordinator, you will be awarded a digital badge through Credly (if your program was credit-bearing, you will also receive academic transcript notation).
Show off your badge
Congratulations, you have earned a digital badge! Digital badges are credentials that you own, so you can decide how you want to share them.
You will be notified via email (to your .edu account) that your badge is available. For first-time users, the email will prompt you to sign up on Credly.
To immediately share your badge, click on "Accept your Badge" within that email. You will be directed to Credly’s login page. Create an account using your .edu email address. You will also be able to associate your personal email address with your account.
Once logged in, you will see your badge and the evidence for which you earned it. To share on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, click on the "share" button and select the social media platform(s) of your choice. You will be prompted to allow Credly to access your social media account(s) to post your badge.
If you choose not to immediately share your badge, you can log in to your Credly account at any time to access and share your badges. To do so, you must:
- Log into your account.
- Select the badge you'd like to share.
- At the top of the page, select the "share" button.
- You will be brought to the “share badge” screen where you can find different tabs directing you to connect your social media accounts and share your badge.
There are several ways you can share your digital badge. Once you are logged into your account and have navigated to the Share Badge screen, you will see the following sharing options:
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and XING). Select one of these social media platforms and click to connect. You will be prompted to log in to your account.
- Email. Select the email tab and you will be prompted to create a message with the subject line “View my verified achievement from the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education!”
- Link. Select the link tab to copy the badge URL. This URL can be shared on a resume, e-portfolio, website, etc.
- Embed code. Select the embed tab, then copy and paste the code to display your digital badge directly on your webpage, blog or anywhere else that accepts HTML.
- Download. Select the download tab to download your badge to your computer or other device.
- Print. Select the print tab to download a printable certificate that showcases your badge (please note that this option is not available for all badges).
For more information on ways to share your digital badges, please visit the Credly Help Center.
You can choose to make your Credly profile — and your individual badges — viewable to the public or viewable only to you. To manage your privacy settings, log in to your Credly account.
To manage profile privacy:
- Click the profile icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select "settings."
- Select "profile" from the menu on the left.
- Check or uncheck the "make profile private" box toward the bottom of the screen.
To manage badge privacy:
- From your dashboard, select the badge you'd like to manage.
- From the top of the screen, select the "more" icon.
- Select "make badge private."
Please note that if you'd like to share either your profile or a badge, they must be marked public.